Northwest Permanente, P.C. (NWP) is a self-governed physician led, multi-specialty group of over 1,500 physicians, surgeons, and clinicians, caring for over 600,000 members in Oregon and Southwest Washington. NWP Communications team is seeking a Senior Communication Consultant who will be a leader that models collegiality, engagement and ownership. This position will work closely with our CEO, executives and other physician leaders to communicate crucial information to our workforce and a variety of other regional and national audiences.
Northwest Permanente's Communication team is a small but expansive team. This team serves as an internal agency, managing a wide variety of projects and initiatives, including digital engagement (intranet, external website for physician recruiting, a mobile application for internal communications, social media), brand management, multimedia, public and media relations (including speaking opportunities), events, strategic communications planning, and internal communications (writing for executives, newsletters). The ideal candidate has excellent communication and consulting skills, is a strategic and pragmatic thinker, is highly organized, and thrives in a fast-paced, highly collaborative work environment. The ideal candidate easily navigates organizational complexity and effectively manages multiple stakeholders.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Researches, conducts interviews and writes compelling, on-brand content for multiple audiences
- Provides complex communications consultation, communications planning, implementation for multiple programs and projects to meet internal and external organizational communication goals, e.g., NWP Speakers Bureau, brand development and implementation
- Manages the NWP external affairs functions related to brand/reputation management, media relations, conferences/events, and marketing/advertising
- Serves as the primary communicator for the NWP Operating Plan pillars of best place to work, best quality and best care experience. This touches specific areas such as our B Corp strategy/corporate social responsibility, wellness and diversity, and equity and inclusion
- Acts as a key partner to NWP Talent Acquisition and co-leads marketing plan development and implementation; participates in market assessment to evaluate competitor talent acquisition (TA) focused marketing and advertising; involved in some Health Plan-funded campaigns and partners as appropriate
- Manages external content strategy and creates content for the careers site, social media channels and public sites. Consults and oversees other NWP external sites such as the Real Reviews, Wellness site, etc. Pitches and contributes content to other Kaiser Permanente channels
- Serves as a subject matter expert and provides mentoring and oversight of other communication staff to implement specific communication projects, events or programs within a given scope and/or timeframe. Manages relationships with vendors and contractors
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, English, Business
- 8 years of experience in a corporate communications/PR environment to include 2 years of leadership/mentoring of programs and communications staff
- 4 years of experience consulting/advising stakeholder and client audiences
- 3 years of recent experience in planning and implementing complex communications plans and projects for a large complex organization or agency with a track record of increasing responsibility
- Experience directing new and social media campaigns
- Ability to maintain high productivity amid competing priorities and tight deadlines
- Experience designing and directing corporate events and managing a wide range of speaking engagements
- Knowledge of design principles and demonstrated ability of bringing creativity to projects to create engaging and effective communications and presentations
- Experienced in creating multi-channel lead generation campaigns and familiarity with inbound marketing tactics (to support physician talent acquisition)
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
At Northwest Permanente, P.C., we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Northwest Permanente, P.C. believes that diversity, inclusion, and equity among our employees is critical to our success and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.