Northwest Permanente, P.C. is a self-governed (physician led), multi-specialty group of over 1500 physicians, surgeons, and clinicians, caring for over 600,000 members in Oregon and Southwest Washington. Kaiser Permanente is one of the nation's pre-eminent health care systems, a benchmark for comprehensive, integrated and high quality care.
The Systems Coordinator (SC) is accountable for system coordination, content, documentation, work flows, and training for the staff scheduling software. The software supports both NWP and HP staff schedules, time off requests, attendance, and payroll. The SC is responsible for the system security, upkeep, access, maintenance of user profiles, privileges, advanced rules and system builds. The SC provides decision making advice and in some instances decisions related to implementation and management of vendor software releases, tests all releases, performs impact analysis, develops and maintains system and user documentation, and trains users. The SC primarily works independently but also collaboratively within the team as needed, to provide advice and consultation necessary to support the staff scheduling software. This position will lead, coordinate, and/or perform project management functions within the department cross-functional teams. The SC will work with staff schedulers, Access Managers, analysts, payroll, and clinical staff leadership to ensure accuracy and create improvements.
- To understand and prioritize requests for information from multiple clients.
- Standardize scheduling assignments, rules, and staff demographics within the software and hold staff schedulers and departments accountable to guidelines.
- Creation/troubleshooting of complex rule builds to manage and automate staff schedules.
- To provide accurate and meaningful data and reports (for example, determining appropriate data retrieval methods to report to payroll).
- To work within a complex, changing business environment (for example, managerial and internal structure changes, and external regulatory and market place changes), and to proactively anticipate the impact of these changes on existing data and schedules.
- Masters degree or equivalent experience
- Expert level PC computer skills
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, communication skills
- Extensive use and expertise with at least one database software application
- Excellent ability to analyze barriers to change, evaluate to determine which barriers are critical and proceed with implementation solution which best minimizes critical barriers
- Excellent project management skills
- Proven ability to effectively manage several projects at once
- Thorough knowledge of relational database concepts
- Knowledge of healthcare delivery and analysis of health data
- 7 or more years Microsoft Office applications experience
- 5 or more years of system and user acceptance testing
- 5 or more years system, policy and procedure documentation skills
- 3 years system coordination experience
- 3 years project management experience
- 3 years in health care project management
- 1 year as a certified green belt Six Sigma project manager
- Demonstrated experience with SQL databases
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- 5 or more years advanced level knowledge in the use of MS Office applications, e-mail programs and relational database design concepts and have a strong conceptual understanding of client/server computing architectures
- 3 or more years extensive knowledge of building and/or maintaining software applications
- Highly motivated, analytical, extremely detail oriented, and is able to work well in both independent and team environments
- The ability to multi-task and carry out a consistent, strong work ethic
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Extensive knowledge of system, policy and procedure documentation
- Good written and verbal communication, strong customer orientation
- Adaptable to new environments and assignments
- Ability to work without supervision
Minimum Required Experience:
- 3 years as a Systems/Project Coordinator or equivalent experience
- 5 or more years experience with MS Office applications
- 5 or more years demonstrated effective use of PC and software systems
- 3 or more years of experience documenting systems, policies and procedures
- 3 or more years experience in providing direct technical and customer support
- 3 years of project management experience
- Applied use of analytical skills including data analysis
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects and initiatives
- Ability to convey or exchange complex information including understanding statements of operations and procedural routines
- Ability to communicating with internal customers at all levels of an organization
- Working toward or has completed Six Sigma green belt certification as a project manager