Northwest Permanente, P.C. (NWP) is a self-governed (physician led), multi-specialty group of over 1500 physicians, surgeons, and clinicians, caring for over 600,000 members in Oregon and Southwest Washington. Kaiser Permanente is one of the nation's pre-eminent health care systems, a benchmark for comprehensive, integrated and high quality care. NWP is accepting applications for an Information Analyst 2 to assist the organization in making strategic data-related decisions by designing and executing quantitative and qualitative analysis for business areas and providing recommendations for decision making under uncertainty. This position will provide analytical expertise to identifying opportunities for sustained business improvement.
In collaboration with business clients and data teams, provide information analysis and analytical modeling support:
- Participate in operationalizing conceptually defined variables and translating specific business issues and questions into appropriate functional and analytic designs.
- Participate in designing and interpreting analyses of data, providing recommendations in support of critical business decisions.
- Supports strategic management decision-making.
- Identify information gaps, provide recommendations and initiate appropriate activity or escalation.
- Regularly use SAS, PC-based spreadsheet, database, and statistical software to produce quantitative analysis and reports.
- This Information Analyst will work independently with client and other contractor staff at an advanced professional level and is expected to be articulate, prepared, and knowledgeable in those encounters.
- Produce graphs and tables for reports, presentations and publication. Carefully document all programs, data sets and analyses.
- Report analyst duties, e.g. design and develop automated actionable reports to inform managers in a timely fashion.
- Data analyst duties, e.g. assists in the research, analysis, and remediation of moderately complex data issues that directly impacts reporting and analysis.
- Business systems analyst duties, e.g., help define business rules applicable to the development and/or use of the application.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Responsible for developing and managing within project budget, where applicable.
Freedom to Act:
- Works independently in project management. Consults director regarding priority issues.
- Exercises judgement and decision-making. Makes recommendations on complex problems following analysis.
Human Relations Skills:
- Manages the work of teams who are assigned to work on application projects. Team members are not direct reports, and will have competing priorities.
Minimum Education, Work Experience, & Qualifications:
- BS/BA degree in a quantitative or technical discipline, or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Expert knowledge with BI and analytical tools such as SAS, SPSS and Cognos.
- Working knowledge in the use of current SQL software, including SAS/SQL, Oracle and Teradata, and Microsoft Office.
- Proven ability to conduct, interpret and present quantitative/qualitative analysis.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (1:1, peer, multi-disciplinary group, presentations, written). Be assertive, objective and be able to confront clients with difficult issues.
- Three years of analytical experience.
Preferred Qualifications & Experience:
- Healthcare or insurance experience.
At Northwest Permanente, P.C., we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Northwest Permanente, P.C. believes that diversity, inclusion, and equity among our employees is critical to our success and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.