Northwest Permanente, P.C. (NWP) is a self-governed (physician led), multi-specialty group of over 1500 physicians, surgeons, and clinicians, caring for over 600,000 members in Oregon and Southwest Washington. Kaiser Permanente is one of the nation's pre-eminent health care systems, a benchmark for comprehensive, integrated and high quality care. We are seeking a System Coordinator to join our Corporate Development & Systems Management team.
The Systems Coordinator (SC) is accountable for system coordination, content, documentation, work flows, and training for the staff scheduling software. The software supports both NWP and Kaiser Permanente Health Plan staff schedules, time off requests, attendance, and payroll. The SC is responsible for the system security, upkeep, access, maintenance of user profiles, privileges, advanced rules and system builds. The SC provides decision making advice and in some instances decisions related to implementation and management of vendor software releases, tests all releases, performs impact analysis, develops and maintains system and user documentation, and trains users. The SC primarily works independently but also collaboratively within the team as needed, to provide advice and consultation necessary to support the staff scheduling software. This position will lead, coordinate, and/or perform project management functions within the department cross-functional teams. The SC will work with staff schedulers, Access Managers, analysts, payroll, and clinical staff leadership to ensure accuracy and create improvements.
- Build and maintain staff scheduling software including log-ins, access, leave of absence and advanced scheduling rules, reports, and demographic information for staff.
- Respond and resolve all software issues.
- Ensure data integrity and perform quality audits to ensure schedule accuracy.
- Works directly with clinic operational leaders to capture and build complex scheduling rules into the software.
- Perform testing (including UAT) and validation routines essential to application development and enhancement.
- Document test expectations and outcomes at a level of detail that allows research and analysis.
- Consults and makes decisions in conjunction with Access Management and system vendor related to release management, enhancement request, and system functionality development.
- Identifies and logs bugs in the software, and works with vendor to resolve and communicate any potential impact to users
- Analyze and prepare data for analytical and statistical reports and analysis.
- Develop specifications, identify data sources, design queries, and create reports to transform data into meaningful information.
- Document data gathering and analysis methods and maintain the confidentiality of information.
- Ensures that data within the system is managed according to HIPAA guidelines.
- Reports user errors which violate control points, regulatory compliance, compliance with department policies and procedures to management.
- Maintains online database which contains system and department documentation.
- Develop and provide formal and informal training for end users.
- Develop and maintain online documentation included training, job aides, processes, and procedures.
- Consult as needed with users to enhance their understanding of content, relationships, and structures.
- Provide consulting and subject matter expertise to staff and management for scheduling and system improvements.
- Maintains and grants permission for all provider contract system of record user accounts.
- Maintain user-level security.
- Resolve user login issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- 5 or more years advanced level knowledge in the use of MS Office applications, e-mail programs and relational database design concepts and have a strong conceptual understanding of client/server computing architectures
- 3 or more years extensive knowledge of building and/or maintaining software applications
- Highly motivated, analytical, extremely detail oriented, and is able to work well in both independent and team environments
- The ability to multi-task and carry out a consistent, strong work ethic
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Extensive knowledge of system, policy and procedure documentation
- Good written and verbal communication, strong customer orientation
- Adaptable to new environments and assignments
- Ability to work without supervision
- 3 years as a Systems/Project Coordinator or equivalent experience
- 5 or more years experience with MS Office applications
- 5 or more years demonstrated effective use of PC and software systems
- 3 or more years of experience documenting systems, policies and procedures
- 3 or more years experience in providing direct technical and customer support
- 3 years of project management experience
- Applied use of analytical skills including data analysis
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects and initiatives
- Ability to convey or exchange complex information including understanding statements of operations and procedural routines
- Ability to communicating with internal customers at all levels of an organization
- Working toward or has completed Six Sigma green belt certification as a project manager
- Masters degree or equivalent experience
- Expert level PC computer skills
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, communication skills
- Extensive use and expertise with at least one database software application
- Excellent ability to analyze barriers to change, evaluate to determine which barriers are critical and proceed with implementation solution which best minimizes critical barriers
- Excellent project management skills
- Proven ability to effectively manage several projects at once
- Thorough knowledge of relational database concepts
- Knowledge of healthcare delivery and analysis of health data
- 7 or more years Microsoft Office applications experience
- 5 or more years of system and user acceptance testing
- 5 or more years system, policy and procedure documentation skills
- 3 years system coordination experience
- 3 years project management experience
- 3 years in health care project management
- 1 year as a certified green belt Six Sigma project manager
- Demonstrated experience with SQL databases
At Northwest Permanente, P.C., we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Northwest Permanente, P.C. believes that diversity, inclusion, and equity among our employees is critical to our success and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.